This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDataMyWay #CollectiveBias
What pizza toppings make you think of Spring? My teen responded “Spinach” and “Artichokes”! It is her turn to make snacks for her study circle. I have challenged her to use the Samsung Galaxy Avant with a Walmart Family Mobile plan to create a Spring snack for her friends in the study circle. She has to follow a budget and help with the cooking. All things we have been doing lately to get her prepared for college. The Walmart Family Mobile service is $29.88/month(for the first line) Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 500MB of 4G LTE data. That makes it totally affordable for her when she leaves the nest. (Sniff, Sniff I promise not to cry)
Back to the study circle. We decided to go with a Spring Flatbread. They do pizza all the time because it’s what everyone likes. Just to be safe we did a pepperoni too. In the end all the teens liked both flatbreads. She found a great Quick & Easy Herb Flatbread recipe on the Pillsbury website. It’s so convenient to follow a recipe in the kitchen using a phone. Then we worked together to create the topping recipe. You could throw just about any assortment of spring veggies on a flatbread and it would be delicious.
Artichokes can be tricky to get to the heart. I have made them several times before and have instructions for grilling them: Grilled Artichokes. She also looked for “how to” videos on YouTube. Here are several photos of us in progress building the flatbread.
Thanks to #MyDataMyWay this weeks study circle was an absolute hit! We created a fun springtime recipe. Even better we stayed within budget. All with research we did on the phone. You can find the full recipe below.
We purchased our Samsung Galaxy Avant and Starter Kit at Walmart. You can find out more about the great phones and the fabulous Walmart Family Mobile service by visiting their website: #
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Whole Artichoke Heart -Sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- Several Slice of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Shredded Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt (I used Black Hawaiian)
- 1 Lemon
- Pre-Heat oven with Pizza stone in it to 475 Degrees
- On medium heat in a saute pan add a little bit of olive oil and fresh sliced garlic cloves. Allow garlic to brown and then add 2 cups fresh baby spinach. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the spinach. Stir while spinach cooks down, then set aside.
- In another small saute pan, on medium heat, add a small dollop of butter. (You can use olive oil if you prefer) Add sliced artichoke hearts and cover in Balsamic vinegar. (About 2 tbsp) Cook until all the vinegar is reduced. You may want to flip hearts in order to brown on both sides.
- Using your favorite flatbread or pizza dough recipe, flatten it out in the shape & size you desire on parchment paper. (Flour helps keep dough from sticking) Brush some olive oil on the dough and then sprinkle a little sea salt across the top. Layer on artichoke hearts, then spinach, than garlic and finally top with sliced mozzarella and sprinkle with about 2 tbsp of shredded Parmesan.
- Bake on Pizza stone (or on parchment paper and baking sheet) for about 10-12 minutes. Until cheese is melted and dough is thoroughly cooked.
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/6ibr or your local Walmart for current pricing.