This Finish Dishwasher Detergent shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SparklySavings #CollectiveBias #shop
Everybody likes clean dishes. But for some reason my 10 year old REALLY likes clean dishes! In an effort to ease some of the household tensions we were willing to give Finish® Quantum® Dishwasher Detergent with Power Gel a try! Going up against a tyrannical ten year old with strict clean dish criteria wont be easy! I headed on over to Walmart to grab a package and see what happens!
It was easy to find, just followed the Rollback signs! This product in on Rollback through October. Pair with this coupon and cha-ching! Savings! Mega Value – Mega Savings!
We have chores separated so that my teen loads the dishwasher and the ten year old empties. If he sees spots or food left on he gets really upset and re-washes immediately. Then he proceeds to chew his sister out for not pre-washing the dishes good enough. She yells that she is not going to pre-wash the dishes just to then get them washed in the dishwasher. This goes on, and on and on and well you get the idea!
I want happy siblings and clean dishes but I don’t like wasting money on the re-wash!
My teen looked up these 5 tips for saving water when using the dishwasher. I think with these helpful tips and Finish we are done with re-washes for good and I will have some more change in my pocket. So far Finish is the best dishwasher detergent that we have found.
**Please use adult supervision when letting children handle the product.**
*From the Department of Energy*
FIVE DISHWASHER WATER-SAVING TIPS
1. Check the manual that came with your dishwasher for the manufacturer’s recommendations on water temperature; many have internal heating elements that allow you to set the water heater in your home to a lower temperature (120° F).
2. Scrape, don’t rinse, off large food pieces and bones. Soaking or pre-washing is generally only recommended in cases of burned- or dried-on food.
3. Be sure your dishwasher is full (not overloaded) when you run it. Start with a Clean Dishwasher.
4. Avoid using the “rinse hold” on your machine for just a few soiled dishes. It uses 3-7 gallons of hot water each use.
5. Let your dishes air dry; if you don’t have an automatic air-dry switch, turn off the control knob after the final rinse and prop the door open slightly so the dishes will dry faster.