ARIZONA’S PREMIERE BLOGGING CONFERENCE – #BLENDEDCONF
Attending a Blogging Conference this year? Looking to Network with Awesome, Fun and Friendly Bloggers? Already a blogger? New to Blogging? Thinking about starting a blog? Live in or can travel to Arizona? If you said YES to any of these questions then Blended Conference might be for you! I love Blended! In fact I have written about it previously a few times.
Last year was fantastic! I wrote about why I was excited to attend early in 2014. But the first time I attended back in 2013 I had no idea what to expect. Overall this will only be my sixth conference. But all my years in Corporate America taught me to always reflect. Then think about what I need to get out of the next conference. I decided I would jot down a few tips for getting the most out of a Blogging Conference.
1. Do more than just network. Yes, of course network your tail off. But meet someone new. Really meet them and find out why they are attending. Connect across social media and follow up with them. I wish I had done this at the very first conference. My two absolute bestie blogger friends are the BEST! I met them at Blended Conference but we really did not make time to get to know each other until a later event.
2. Upon exchanging cards follow up as soon as possible. If you can as soon as you get the card in your hot little hands. Or that night when you get home or back to the hotel. At the latest immediately after the conference.
3. Using your favorite Social Media outlet (Mine is Twitter) reach out to your new contacts within the week. It does not have to be some grand gesture. A like, comment or short email would be nice. Memories are short. Get it done quick before you forget or are forgotten.
4. If you can swing it, stay on site! I know there have been a few times where this was just not in the budget. It was better for me at the time to drive. However you do miss out on both social time and the fun of a conference experience. Also let’s face it, we can all use a break from home to focus on our career of blogging!
5. This one is for all the EXPERIENCED bloggers! Take someone under your wing. Give Advice. Give a compliment to a brand new blogger. Be encouraging. You will absolutely make someones day! You could also be rewarded in inspiration and/or friendship.
6. You are not going to listen to me 100% on this one BUT here goes – Have fun! Don’t stress. Wear something comfortable. People wear everything from Business to Casual. Base it on what will make you feel confident and comfortable speaking with strangers.
7. If you are like me your brain might go to mush in this hyper social situation. I like to write down some talking points and questions. I put them in my phone for easy access. This way I don’t forget why I came or what I need to accomplish.
8. Follow #BlendedConf across all Social Media platforms. This way you should be able to follow anyone you missed in the card exchanging. You can also get an idea of what your fellow bloggers are doing on Social Media.
9. By the same token Tweet, Facebook, Instagram TONS using #BlendedConf. Show off your photo skills, ask questions or mention all the new information you are absorbing.
10. Don’t be afraid to fan out on your favorite speaker, blogger or person! I have to laugh at this one because I still go all nerdy fangirl on bloggers I love! Ask for a Selfie! (I am coming after YOU Guest Speaker Beth Petersen!!) Try and get a quick tip. They usually don’t mind. I have also come to find out that some of the best bloggers are shy. At the very least just stop over and introduce yourself.
I hope these tips are helpful. More than that I hope to see you at this years Blended Conference. Get your ticket quick before they sell out.
This year Blended Conference is being held at the super sweet Arizona Grand Resort! Rooms are $99/night and include in-room wifi as well as 4 waterpark passes. YES the waterpark is still open weekends in September.
Do you have any conference tips to share?