One year into blogging and I think it is time for a performance evaluation! I like to sit and reflect on what I have accomplished, where I need to improve and set goals for the next year. This post is more for me than for any readers, but I have had a lot of people ask me about my journey into becoming a blogger so I think it is appropriate to share my view on my overall progress.
When I started I see now that it probably would have been better to prepare for a few months before jumping right in; however now I am doing some back tracking to get my posts, topics and blog layout more organized. I attended the Blended Conference this past weekend and walked away with a while new outlook, great blogging information, new ideas and completely reinvigorated on the process of writing a blog. Plus it was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of new people and follow a ton more blogs, which I love. Winning a few prizes and taking home great stuff from all the cool sponsors was not terrible either! BONUS!! I also won a nights stay at DoubleTree by Hilton!! Can’t wait for 2014!!
I think my biggest successes in the past year were as follows:
1. Just getting started, not letting fear or anxiety stop me from following my passion.
2. Putting out more content than I had planned, I initially thought I would only do a few posts a month. But I was often inspired.
3. Networking, I have met a lot of great, supportive bloggers, foodies and local people who have given me advice, shared their experience and helped me in ways they did not even know.
4. Gained a basic understanding of social media and have just begun making traction on utilizing it properly to promote the blog.
My biggest areas of opportunity are as follows:
1. Reader engagement, getting to know my readers, what they want/expect when they stop by and improving on my email subscriptions.
2. Embracing YouTube and a video element. I have been very intimidated by this but after a video brain storming session I can see this is going to be a bigger part of 2014 for CCtoMB.
3. Pre-writing, I need to create a few posts in advance for emergencies, just in case I cannot get to a post, one still makes it out there.
4. Photography, up to this point I have only used my iphone for photos, I think I need to take this a little more seriously and intend to make some changes in the first half of 2014.
5. Writing. I need to consistently improve my writing skills, edit more and proof read a few more times. What I do not want to loose is my writing style, I write how I talk, and I think that is key to getting my personality across.
1. Improved writing, engaging posts and some cross local promoting.
2. Better quality photographs.
3. Add a video element.
4. Work with another or some other bloggers.
5. Double all the social media followers I have year end 2013 by year end 2014. One quarter of which also subscribes via email.
6. Do more local on site posts.
7. By year end 2014 be an ambassador for a company I am passionate about.
Well hopefully my goals are realistic. I am excited about the progress I have made so far. I know my social media numbers (which I will post below) are not the highest, but I will just keep plugging away at it and hopefully I am gaining real readers that I can engage with and continue to grow with on this blogging journey.
Thank you all for being a part of this, I know I say that a lot, but I will not ever stop being grateful for it!
Social Media Stats:
Facebook Followers – 525
Pinterest Followers – 483
Twitter Followers – 1034
You Tube – WAY TO SAD TO PUBLISH!! But in all fairness I have not posted anything as CCtoMB, this will change.
Bloglovin Followers – 237
So keep me honest, you know my goals for next year.
Ok one last thing, and be honest! I made up names for my kids a while back (Momma Twin, Daddy Twin and Wild Child), I have also been using CCtoMB a lot (rather than the whole name) and I was thinking about calling my reader “Ballers” is that too weird! My sense of humor is super nerdy!
Enjoy some photo’s from the Blended Conference! Check out the cool Swag in the last photo!
And check out all this cool Swag I got from the conference sponsors! Also coupons galore, I have already ran out and got some stuff from Shamrock Farms, munched all the cookies from Fry’s, kids stole my Fairytale Brownies and used most of the produce from my Bountiful Basket. Ownership of the 1Face Watch is still up for debate! Thanks – @BlendedConf @frysfoodstores @shamrockfarms @ftbrownies @rafflecopter @arizonabeef @1facewatch @minted @bellasunluci @popchipsaz @bountifulbaskets
Serious Blended Conference Swag!